- 03/18/14--12:22: Mar Jennings Headlines Spring Garden Experience
- 05/30/14--15:58: Mar Jennings Partners with Dynatrap for the 2014 Season
- Prepare Now for Unwanted Guests: Mosquito populations start hatching when temperatures reach 45 degrees, so start early to protect your yard from these pests by setting up your Dynatrap, even if there’s a chill in the air.
- Consider the Time of Day: Mosquitoes are most active at dusk, so plan your party accordingly.
- Light Up the Atmosphere and Drive Bugs Away:The right lighting can create the desired atmosphere, but it can also keep bugs away. Use yellow bulbs instead of white—bugs aren’t attracted to them and they provide a romantic glow.
- Decorate with Pale Palettes:Lighter is better when it comes to selecting upholstery for outdoor pieces such as seat cushions, tablecloths and pillows, as mosquitoes are less attracted to light colors.
- Beautify Your Yard: Tidying up the yard before a party will not only impress your guests, but cutting the grass, planting marigolds or a citronella bush and draining sources of stagnant water will also decrease the likelihood of bugs.
- Match Your Trap to Your Décor:Dynatrap products are available in bronze (exclusively at Frontgate) and black (available at other major retailers or by visiting www.dynatrap.com).
- Feed Your Guests Without Making Them the Meal:Avoid buffet-style dining and keep bugs at bay – impress your guests with small, bite sized plates that can be eaten quickly.
America’s Top Lifestyle Expert Mar Jennings Headlines this year’s VINES & VIGNETTES SPRING GARDEN FANTASY EXPERIENCE
On Saturday, May 31, 2014, from 10:00am- 5:00pm, a one-of-a-kind experience and fundraiser will be held on the grounds of the historic Chimneys mansion in the heart of Black Rock, CT. Vines & Vignettes will be a visual feast for garden enthusiasts and a day full of unique garden vignettes featuring over 30 vendors and boutiques.
Some of Fairfield County’s finest landscape designers, nurseries, and garden antique dealers will create over twenty vignettes on the exquisite grounds of the Greek-Revival mansion. These vignettes will be featured in the many garden spaces, terraces and walkways encompassing over three acres overlooking the St. Mary’s-By-The-Sea waterfront. Vintage and antique automobiles will be on display in the estate’s original slate Motor Court.
Emmy-nominated TV Host and best-selling author Mar Jennings will be there all day to meet visitors and give gardening and design tips. “I’m excited to join Vines & Vignettes and I cannot wait to see this year’s garden fantasy come to life. I am a big fan of the work this organization does to support the children and The Black Rock Food Pantry. I'm delighted to be involved and get a chance to see everyone there. Please join in the fun and fantasy!”
Visitors are invited to spend an enchanting day perusing the elaborate grounds, getting garden and decorating ideas, shopping the specialty boutiques, and taking part in short workshops lead by leading landscape and design experts while sampling foods and wine from the region.
Some of our premier Vendors who will be transforming the unique grounds for our guests’ enjoyment include: Austin Ganim Landscape Design LLC, Ganim's Garden Center & Florist LLC, Oliver Nurseries, Lindquist Landscape Design, Beau Maas Antiques, and Epicure of Design.
To purchase tickets for this annual event, please log on to: www.vinesandvignettes.com. Tickets will be sold in advance online for $35.00 and at the door the day of the event for $40.00. In the event of inclement weather, the event will take place on Sunday, June 1, 2014.
All proceeds and donations to Vines & Vignettes will benefit St Ann Academy, Christian Heritage School, and The Black Rock Food Pantry. These funds will help expand school programs and resources, support students and teachers and allow these schools to continue their mission of providing quality education and support to the children of our community.
Summer Parties Overflow with Mojitos, Not Mosquitoes with Dynatrap
Milwaukee, Wis. This season—with the help of Dynatrap®, the award-winning line of pesticide-free and environmentally-friendly flying insect traps, and Mar Jennings, home and garden expert and best-selling author—homeowners, domestic divas, families, grill kings and poolside revelers from coast to coast will enjoy summer living because buggy party crashers will be trapped if they try to invade.
Dynatrap®’s line of mosquito prevention products is an essential ingredient for the perfect outdoor gathering. Dynatrap® traps attract mosquitoes, biting flies and other flying insects without pesticides or chemicals, and are easy to set up, low maintenance and environmentally-friendly. Dynatrap® products are versatile and can be used inside or outside, and can be hung or mounted on walls and poles.
Jennings’ expertise in hosting and decorating will help homeowners create the perfect atmosphere by discreetly designing Dynatrap into outdoor landscapes to transform seasonal spaces into fun, beautiful, bug-free environments. Jennings urges entertaining enthusiasts to consider these tips to transform their outdoor fun zones into bug-free environments:
About Dynatrap® and Dynamic Solutions Worldwide, LLC:
Launched in 2006, the Dynatrap® brand introduced consumers to their original insect trap, the DT1000, designed to provide an alternative to expensive propane traps. Dynamic Solutions Worldwide, LLC acquired Dynatrap® in 2010 and looked to expand on the brands success. By 2012, Dynamic Solutions Worldwide, LLC has more than doubled the Dynatrap® line, including more versatile models available for indoor and outdoor use, wall-mountable and standing traps, as well as developing new products such as the Dynazap®, an extendable racket zapper with an articulating head that can reach over three feet. Dynamic Solutions Worldwide, LLC Dynatrap® brand continues to introduce new and innovative ways to keep your yard and home insect free. Stay up to date on all that Dynamic Solutions Worldwide, LLC has to offer at www.Dyntrap.com.